Tuesday, July 15, 2008

18 weeks

I am now 18 weeks pregnant and am showing for all the world to see (although I have been showing for quite awhile). I have only felt the baby kick once, because he/she is still so small and I can't sit still long enough. It was 2 weeks ago when I felt it. This is what my email about the kicking said...

"I felt the baby kick!!!!!!!!
I went to prenatal yoga, and we were at the end during the relaxation time. It is the only time I have been perfectly still in I don't know how long...I immediately started feeling these little flutterings in my stomach. At first it felt like it does when you feel your pulse somewhere random in your body, but it was more sporadic than that. I realized what it was and I was so excited. I stayed still, and for 15 minutes I felt these little tiny baby kicks. They didn't feel like kicks because the baby is still so small, but I could definitely feel them. Apparently I AM pregnant and there IS a baby in my belly. Sometimes I need a little validation because it all feels so surreal!"


We have an ultrasound scheduled for July 22nd. If the baby holds still and cooperates, we can find out the gender. Which means we can start painting the nursery! Bets are in. We don't care if The Bean is a boy or a girl, but we are dying to know. And we are NOT naming our baby Domination Clutch either way (sorry Ben!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Klutch" is spelled "Clutch," with a "c". Jeez.

Cassandra Reed said...

I changed it. Ben!